Mode of action - uptake of nutrients
The organic matter in the compost holds more water, hence increases the groundwater storage and the beneficial microbial population in the soil.
Method of application
Preparing V-COMPOST for composting : For 1 ton agricultural waste, 2kgs of V-COMPOST + 2kgs of jaggery + 25 to 50 kgs of fresh cow dung. Mix all these in 50 to 75 Ltr of water. This solution is used for composting process.
How to use : Chose a well elevated and shaded area and arrange the compostable residues in layer by layer to form a heap.(i.e., compostable residue as 1st layer and sprinkle V-COMPOST solution over the 1st layer, hen spread the 2nd layer of compostable residue over the 1st layer and sprinkle V-COMPOST solution over the 2nd layer). Maximum layers are 4.
The height of the layer should not exceed 1 feet and the total height of the heap should not exceed 4 to 5 feet. During decomposting process, adequate moisture should be maintained, whenever needed the heap should be hydrated. While hydrating water should not leach from the heap. During rainy seasons the heap should be protected from rain. Normally the processing time is 45 to 60 days. It depends upon the nature of the materials, woody and hard materials will take longer time to compost.
- Increases soil fertility, texture, the availability of nutrient level to the plants, soil aeration and moisture and the carbon level of the soil.
- Reduce the usage of chemical fertilizers and the environmental problems.
- Reduces the harmful microbial population of the soil so the pest and disease infection will reduce. anisms.
- It helps to increase the NPK availability to the plants.
- Reduce the quantum of domestic and agricultural waste.